How to use ALLTest Covid-19 Antigen Rapid Test
Curious about the ALLTest Covid-19 antigen rapid test? Or just simply need a refresher on how to use it after accidentally throwing away the instruction paper? We’ve got you either way!
The ALLTest Covid-19 antigen rapid test to be discussed uses oral fluid as a sample. Note that while there is a type of ALLTest Covid-19 antigen rapid test that uses nasal swabs, it has not been approved by the Ministry of Health (MOH) Malaysia to screen for COVID-19 status. As with various other screening tests, it is crucial that you perform the right steps and take note of the do’s and dont’s to obtain more accurate results.
Before The Test:
At least 10 minutes before carrying out the test, do not place anything in your mouth, be it food, drinks, tobacco, or gum. This is to ensure that the oral fluid sample collected would not be contaminated to allow for accurate detection of results. While this test can be performed at any time, the recommendation for best results is to collect the first sputum after deep coughing in the morning. When you open your kit, check the material provided to confirm that you have everything you need. The kit should consist of a collection device, a buffer, and a test device. Make sure to wash your hands with water and soap before and after completing the test.
Performing The Test:
- The first step is to assemble the collecting device by attaching the funnel to the tube.
- When ready, steady yourself and attempt to deep cough approximately 3-5 times to dislodge the sputum from your deep to your mouth.
- Then, release the oral liquid by spitting it down the funnel to enable the collection of the sample.
- On the tube, a scale line is present to mark the 0.5 mL volume. Once you have approximately 0.5mL of oral fluid in the tube without any air bubbles, remove the funnel. If there is any excess fluid, you can remove it with a dropper.
- Next, pour all the buffer provided inside the same test tube then close it with the cap.
- Once the cap is on, squeeze the test tube 10 times to ensure that the solution is mixed evenly.
- Now, the cap of the tube also has a dual role as a dropper. After squeezing the tube, place 2 drops of the solution onto the well of the testing device.
- When all is done, pop on a timer for 15 minutes and return to check your results.
After The Test:
The pattern of the stripes on the testing device will indicate a positive, negative, or invalid result. For individuals who do obtain a positive result, visit a COVID-19 Assessment Centre or a health clinic as soon as possible. If you did get a negative result, depending on the presence of symptoms, you may need to have a check-up at a health clinic as well. If your results are invalid, you would be required to repeat the test after a few days. However, remember that regardless of your result, you must report it to the Ministry of Health (MOH) Malaysia through the MySejahtera app.
To learn more about what to do after receiving your COVID-19 self-test results and how to report your results to MOH, visit our other articles that can provide greater insight and a step-by-step guide on reporting results through the MySejahtera app. As a rule of thumb, if ever in doubt, consult a healthcare professional concerning your result to ascertain your condition.
ALLTEST BIOTECH. (2021). ALLTEST COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test (Oral Fluid) Human Demo. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJGNHCJ4qo4
Ministry of Health Malaysia. (2021). Self-test COVID-19 test kit for conditional approval (approved). Retrieved from https://portal.mda.gov.my/announcement/631-self-test-covid-19-test-kit-for-conditional-approval-approved.html