Product: Kordel's V-shield
“Everything that is made beautiful and fair and lovely is made for the eye of one who sees.” – Rumi
Have you been staring at the screen since the beginning of the pandemic and found that you need a sudden upgrade in your glasses? Never mind the pandemic; with the rise in the advancement of technology, it wouldn’t have taken long for our eyes to deteriorate even without having to lead a sedentary life online. The question is: is there anything we can do to maintain our eye health?
Introducing Kordel's V-shield!
Formulated with especially nourishing antioxidants referred to as lutein and zeaxanthin, this beautiful combination elegantly placed within a capsule can protect our eyes from blue light emitted from digital screens for 24 hours! This benefit of lutein and zeaxanthin is owed to the fact that they can help protect your eyes from harmful high-energy light waves such as ultraviolet rays in sunlight. Studies have suggested that having a high level of both in our eye tissue may be correlated with improved vision, particularly in dim light or glares. Furthermore, astaxanthin, another powerful antioxidant, is also added into the mix to alleviate symptoms of tired, strained, and dry eyes. This is because it reduces the inflammation within the eye and promotes blood flow thereby ensuring that your eye gets the nutrients it needs! Moreover, it also has activity on your eye muscle as it allows the eye to focus and relax more efficiently leading to better vision.
What’s inside the Kordel's V-shield?
|Haematococcus pluvialis extract which is standardised to 3% astaxanthin||135|
|Flos Tagetes erecta (Marigold Flower) extract which is standardised to 10% of lutein and 2% of zeaxanthin||100|
Photo by asim alnamat from Pexels
What else can we do to protect our eyes?There are ample things that we can do to protect our eyes! Have a go at making a habit of one of them to see if the world seems like a brighter place.
- Eating a balanced diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables such as green leafy vegetables would be extremely beneficial for your eyes. Eating fish high in omega-3 fatty acids, such as salmon and tuna can also help your eyes. Check out our array of omega-3 fatty acid supplements here!
- Maintaining a healthy weight and being overweight increases your risk of developing diabetes, which in turn increases the risk of acquiring diabetic retinopathy or glaucoma.
- Exercise may help to prevent or control diabetes, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol, all of which can reduce the risk of getting eye or vision problems.
- Wearing sunglasses to reduce sun exposure that can damage your eyes!
- Avoid smoking to lower the risk of developing age-related eye diseases such as macular degeneration and cataracts.
- If you do wear contacts, ensure to wash your hands thoroughly before you pop in or remove your contact lenses to decrease the risk of eye infections. Endeavour to follow the instructions on how to properly clean them, and replace them when required.
- Give your eyes a rest, especially if you frequently face any type of screen. To reduce eyestrain, practice the 20-20-20 rule whereby for every 20 minutes, look at around 20 feet in front of you for about 20 seconds.
- Try out the Kordel's V-shield! Supplementing your eyes with antioxidants will do wonders to help you maintain your eye health. Have a look around the GEM Pharmacy here if you would like to consider our Kordel's V-shield.
As a parting word of wisdom, when in doubt always have a chat with an eye specialist or a healthcare professional! And don’t forget to explore our other tips and tricks here.